The New York Flute Club sponsors:
- A professional concert series
- The New York Flute Fair
- An ensemble program
- A monthly newsletter
- An education and enrichment program
- Commissions of new music for flute
- A variety of publications and recordings
- Free admission and two guest tickets to monthly concerts
- Ensemble program
- Access to extensive member directory
- Free listing of members' events in our online and newsletter calendars
- Monthly newsletter
Welcome to The New York Flute Club
To Our Members and Friends
Our 2014-15 season proudly features concerts and classes with Emma Resmini, Mark Sparks, Paul Dunkel, Katherine Fink, piccoloist Jean-Louis Beaumadier, and jazz flutist, Nicole Mitchell. The Flute Fair, "Chasing Your Dream," highlights the artistry of the MacArthur "Genius" Award recipient, Claire Chase. Concerts, Events and More has more details about these concerts.
You can join or renew your membership online and, with membership, be able to access our current newsletters, view ourmembership directory, edit your profile, and list your upcoming concerts in Member Events. More member benefits are listed on our membership registration page.
News and Updates
- The 2015 New York Flute Fair, "Chasing your Dream," featuring guest artist Claire Chase, will be held Sunday, March 15 at the Columbia University Faculty House, 64 Morningside Drive (near 116 St., NYC). Check out the Fair's full schedule. You can avoid lines at the registration desk by mailing your registration by Thursday, March 5 or registering online by Monday, March 9.
- We are happy to announce that The New York Flute Club Competition First Prize is sponsored by the Flute Center of New York. We thank Phil Unger for his ongoing contributions to the flute community of New York.
- Thank you to Steinway & Sons for donating all the pianos for the 2015 Flute Fair.
- 2014 Composition Competition Winners. The New York Flute Club is very pleased to announce the results of the 2014 Composition Competition. We received 80 entries from nine countries and from all over the United States and were excited by the diverse and inspiring array of creative work for flute and piano. The compositions selected for prizes and to be featured at the 2015 New York Flute Fair on March 2015 are:
1st prize: the Bath Clown Duo by Scott Rubin
2nd prize: Credo by Heeyoung Yang
3rd prize: They Move with No One Watching: Dances by Nadine Dyskant-Miller
The New York Flute Club, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of flute playing and the appreciation of flute music. It provides a common meeting ground for professional, student, and amateur flutists and offers performance opportunities for flutists and composers. We welcome as members musicians and music lovers who are interested in the flute and flute music. Founded in1920 by eminent flutist Georges Barrère, composer Lamar Stringfield, and a group of their associates, The New York Flute Club is the oldest such organization in the United States. Hear Georges Barrère in 1941 playing a transcription of the gamelan piece Lagu Ardja by Colin McPhee.