The New York Flute Club sponsors:
- A professional concert series
- The New York Flute Fair
- An ensemble program
- A monthly newsletter
- An education and enrichment program
- Commissions of new music for flute
- A variety of publications and recordings
- Free admission and two guest tickets to monthly concerts
- Ensemble program
- Access to extensive member directory
- Free listing of members' events in our online and newsletter calendars
- Monthly newsletter
Welcome to The New York Flute Club
To Our Members and Friends
Our exciting new season features international artists Raffaele Trevisani, Gergely Ittzés, Ian Clarke, New York-based jazz flutist Jamie Baum, and the ensemble Flute Force.
The New York Flute Fair will be held this year on March 16 at Lighthouse International and will feature flutists of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra Denis Bouriakov, Stefán Höskuldsson, Maron Khoury, and Stephanie Mortimore.
You can now join or renew your membership online and, with membership, be able to access our current newsletters, view our membership directory, edit your profile, and list your upcoming concerts in Member Events. For more member benefits, click on Join or Renew.
Our 2013-2014 Concert Season
We're delighted to have these artists perform at our concerts this season.
Nov. 10, 2013
Dec. 15, 2013
Jan. 12, 2014
Feb. 2, 2014
Jamie Baum Septet, December 15
Long an experimenter in new chamber jazz textures and milieus, New York-based flutist/composer Jamie Baum, in her new album In This Life, creates timbres and flowing melodies influenced by her travels to South Asia. At our December concert, she'll play selections, accompanied by members of the Septet, Amir ElSaffar, trumpet; Douglas Yates, alto sax and bass clarinet; Brad Shepik, guitar; Chris Komer, French Horn; Zack Lober, bass; and Jeff Hirshfield, drums.
To hear what flutist and composer Jamie Baum considers the formula for what she calls a "complete musician" and get a taste for the Septet's sound, click here.
News and Updates
- We thank the Friends of Flutes Foundation, Lifetime NYFC member Ardith Bondi, and other anonymous donors for their generous contributions to the Education & Enrichment Program.
- We are pleased to announce that Deirdre Mcardle will be the Program Chair for the Flute Fair on March 16. Please email her with your proposals for workshops, presentations and performances. firstname.lastname@example.org
The New York Flute Club, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of flute playing and the appreciation of flute music. It provides a common meeting ground for professional, student, and amateur flutists and offers performance opportunities for flutists and composers. We welcome as members musicians and music lovers who are interested in the flute and flute music. Founded in1920 by eminent flutist Georges Barrère, composer Lamar Stringfield, and a group of their associates, The New York Flute Club is the oldest such organization in the United States.