Date & Time
Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 7:30pm
Virtual event; admission/access is free.
Zooming into Virtual Teaching
Organized and moderated by Jeff Mitchell, three very experienced and esteemed teachers will discuss remote teaching: what works, what doesn’t, and what they’ve learned. Our panelists are Leone Buyse, professor of flute at the Shepherd School of Music, Rice University; Tereasa Payne, New York teacher experienced at working with a diversity of K-12 students; and Ransom Wilson, flute professor at the Yale School of Music.
Among the topics they’ll cover:
- What platforms work best
- What type of equipment works best
- The adjustments students and teachers must make
- How to structure lessons—is this different for virtual vs. in person lessons? Do students
- and teachers need to prepare differently
- How they deal with the studio class
- The positives in virtual teaching that they will take back into the studio
Viewers will be able to submit questions via Zoom Q&A.
Estimated time: 30 minutes
Link to YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO_p6ez4QlYOFdPb44Xnl-DO8vRhCzlpm
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +19292056099,,98543225723#,,,,,,0#,,094966# or +13126266799,,98543225723#,,,,,,0#,,094966#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 929 205 6099 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782
Webinar ID: 985 4322 5723
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/aqKo5vivJ